Reader submitted photo by Katie Garber
Need an inexpensive and beautiful way to display books, photos, decor or more on your walls? Our famous $10 picture ledge shelves are easy to build (you can even build these without cutting a single board!), can be built in any length, and are easy to hang!
What You’ll Need
- Off the shelf pine boards available at any home improvement store
- Drill (used to build and hang the shelves)
- Screws (used to build and to hang the shelves)
- Paint or stain
- Level is recommended for hanging the shelves
- A stud finder is recommended for locating the studs in the wall to hang the shelves on
If you want to customize the overall length of the shelves, you’ll also need a tape measure and any saw that can cut wood (this includes a handsaw).
But I’m Not Handy
These picture ledge shelves have been built thousands of times, by beginners everywhere. In fact, we recommend this project as your first project because it is SO easy and SO affordable! Our step by step tutorial makes it easy.
YOU can do this!
Reader Submitted Photos from Our Picture Ledge Tutorial
Here’s a few different versions of our picture ledge, submitted by readers, and used in different ways.
Book ledges by Crisaphi
Reading nook by karahart
Rustic Stain by a.stauff