With spring coming, we can’t wait for the birds to return. My son has been asking if we could build a bird feeder.
Since he’s only six, I designed an easy to build bird feeder using just one cedar fence picket and a recycled orange juice bottle.
Why We Love It
- Very inexpensive (even free if you have an old fence picket)
- Easy to build with just a couple of simple tools
- Self fills – so you can go longer between filling the bird seed
- Plastic bottle won’t shatter or hurt someone (as opposed to a glass bottle)
- Wide footprint can stand up on it’s own
- Can be hung from a tree
- Simple, attractive design blends in with just about any decor or exterior
- Easy to customize (for different sized bottles)
- Kid Friendly project
Watch Us Build it
My son helped me build the wood bird feeder. This is a great project to do with kids, and is quick and easy.
Wood Bird Feeder Plans