Why I Built These Chairs
I’ve been wanting to add some comfortable outdoor seating to our yard in uncovered areas, but it gets to be alot to manage cushions and pillows, trying to keep everything dry, bringing the cushions in when it snows, finding somewhere to store it all …
I didn’t want to go with plastic chairs, as they blow away in the wind, and I’m forever chasing them down and eventually, picking up pieces of plastic and throwing them away.
So I thought, what if I could build the most comfortable Adirondack chairs ever, that don’t need a cushion, that are too heavy to blow away in the wind?
2×4 Modern Adirondack Chair Features
- 2×4 frame is sturdy and solid
- Building plans are easy to follow and assemble (about an hour a chair)
- About $30 in lumber per chair
- Very comfortable without a cushion or pillow
- Modern styling still has the “Adirondack” look and feel, but with clean lines
- Can be painted or stained any color
How I Built My Chairs
In this video I go through all the steps to build my 2×4 Modern Adirondack Chairs
Free Adirondack Chair Plans
The free plans for this chair follow. Please share a photo when you are done so we can see how your project turned out!